17 December 2008

Christmas in El Paso

Our star.

When I was little I remember the star only being lit during Christmas. Now it's lit all year round.

Photo by Paul Garland

The famous Eastridge neighborhood. This neighborhood is known around El Paso as "the" place to go and see Christmas lights. It is quite beautiful.


This house was really neat. Outside, there was sign with a radio station on it. It turns out the lights were programed to go with the music playing on the radio station! Who thinks of this stuff and how do they do it?

Downtown El Paso


The Wells Fargo Christmas Tree (sorry so blurry, we were driving)

I'm sure there's a lot more to do around these parts but these are just some of the things I did growing up. We'd usually go to UTEP as well but this year they don't have their lights up. I hear there's a really neat display at Ascarate Lake. Hopefully we can make it out there. If we do, count on more pictures.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Makes me miss El Paso! I love the star on the mountain...Wells Fargo building...even Eastridge! Nice pics.

--Arnnette said...

Wow that video of the house! Who needs the Bellagio when you have that house in El Paso?