09 December 2008

7th Annual "Christmas Nativities From Around the World"

Every year, our stake puts on an exhibit of nativities from around the world. It's a two day event that includes hundreds of nativities, music and refreshments and best of all it's free! This was the very first year we've ever attended and I was very touched. It was a great reminder of what Christmas is all about. Here are some of the nativities that caught our eye.

P.S. Danny slept through the whole thing. When President Condie saw Danny sleeping he said, "Ah, you guys had it easy!" And yes, we did, I'm glad I didn't have to chase him down or worry about him getting the nativities. Even though he didn't get to see the displays, I don't think he minded much.

This one reminded me of my sister. She LOVES Coke.

This one was handmade out of bread dough. Very adorable!!



This one reminded us of Lily.



You can't really tell but this one was made inside a nut shell.

This one was made out of pretzels, chocolate and sugar. I wonder how long this would last in our house?

They were all so beautiful and it was so neat to see how people from around the world celebrate Christ's birth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the Nativities. We went to the AZ temple on Monday night and saw their display, it was pretty neat. Hey, can you send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? Thanks mmafinch@msn.com

Connie said...

That is always such a fun event. I can't believe Danny slept through it...l-u-c-k-y!

--Arnnette said...

Hi Mija,
Devan and I went on a Mother Son time to the temple and they have very nice Nativities in the visiting center as well. I can't display all my nativities since I have not room. I miss displaying our nativites from around the world: Africa, Native American, Alaska, Isreal, USA. I have one out year long though.
I like the Walnut one. Bayardo says about the sugar/chocolat, "SH**, that won't even make it from the store to the house" Ay, Bayardo, that sounds like something he would say, HA HA.
I love ya all. Thanks for sharing