10 November 2008

Irma's Bridal Shower


For those of you who don't know, Irma was my best friend in college. We had a blast together, so much in fact that I remember one evening, before going out, I went to pick her up and she came to the door and told me, "My dad wants to talk to you." Ok, I had no idea what to expect so I went in.....a little nervous. I don't remember the exact words of the conversation but he actually started telling me that he wanted his daughter home at a decent hour. It was so weird. I felt like her boyfriend in some strange way. I do have to admit we would stay out kind of late but we never did anything bad or that we'd regret. It was simply innocent fun and we were always in the company of members of the church.
I remember one weekend our ultimate all time favorite singer was coming into town and we knew he'd always stay at the Camino Real hotel. So what did we do? We got a room there with the hopes we might meet him. Oh my gosh, that was so much fun! He was performing two days so we figured we had a good chance of meeting him. Well, two tickets (which were about $100 each), and one hotel room later all we got to see was his limo and luggage, not to mention the trouble we got into trying to go up to his room. We had so much fun though! It was well worth it. (In the picture on the left Irma's on watch, waiting to see if she see's Luis Miguel outside the hotel.)

Irma, would always say that she was never going to get married. "I just don't feel like it's going to happen," she'd say. "Whatever Irma," I'd always exclaim! Well, the time has come and she's met the most wonderful person! I can't even begin to explain how happy I feel for her. She deserves every bit of this and more! She is going to make the perfect wife and mother. I love you Irma!!

Right now Irma is in the nursing program at UTEP and it's surprising she even found time for her own bridal shower, hence the nursing outfit she's wearing. She graduates this December! Talk about perfect timing.

Irma and her mom

Me and my best bud

4 comments:

Connie said...

I love the Camino Real story...fun times, no doubt!

carla said...

wow, she looks great. please send her my best wishes. she's awesome!! ruben and i always thought she was awesome!

Cass said...

I love best friends that do crazy things like that with ya! Yah for bestfriends!

Rod Bunch said...

WOW!! How exciting!!! I am so happy for Irma, Gary is a great guy and she is simply amazing.. send her my love.