26 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

What a beautiful country we live in that actually sets aside one day a year to give thanks! I have been so blessed in my life and have so much be thankful for. I know that every blessing I enjoy comes from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that they love me and I am so grateful for this knowledge in my life. I just wanted to let all my friends and family know how much I love you and am grateful that you take the time to read our blog to see how we're doing. Thank you so much. I love you and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!


"Although we acknowledge that far too many people live at the edge of survival, still we must admit that never before in the history of the world has a nation or a people enjoyed such riches and liberties.


For all this and much more, we should be grateful. And we ought to express our gratitude daily in countless ways----to each other, to our parents and other family members who have contributed so dramatically to our lives, to friends who have given us the benefit of the doubt again and again, to colleagues and associates who motivate and inspire us to reach higer and do better, to prudent leaders who serve selflessly, and particularly, to a Higher Power from Whom all ultimate blessings and goodness flow.


Gratitude is a sign of maturity. It is an indication of sincere humility. It is a hallmark of civility. And most of all, it is a divine principle. I doubt there is anything in which we more offend the Almighty than in our tendency to forget His mercies and to be ungrateful for that which He has given us.


Where there is appreciation, there is also courtesy and concern for the rights and property of others. Without these, there is arrogance and evil. Where there is gratitude, there is humility instead of pride, generosity rather than selfishness. "




Quote from President Hinckley's book, Standing for Something.

1 comments:

carla said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! :)