21 January 2009

An Itch

For some reason I've had this itch to sew! Last week I took out my sewing machine. It's been over 3 years since I've used it. Don't get the wrong idea, I don't really know how to sew. The extent of my sewing consists of curtains made out of sheets, and throw pillows. That's it.


As I was practicing, the thread kept getting all knotted up so I decided to take it to my grandma's. It turns out the needle was in backwards and I wasn't threading it right. (You see, I know pretty much zero when it comes to sewing.) ANYWAY, after getting through a few obstacles, I finally made this pillow. Now, I'm not putting this on here to show off or anything. For journal purposes, I want my kids to know that I was somewhat of a domestic diva! We'll see, maybe I'll attempt something more challenging next time!

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

WOW! I got a sewing machine for Christmas LAST year and it's still in the box. WOops.

carla said...

those look great. you are definitely becoming a domestic diva. you go girl!!

--Arnnette said...

I love the pattern. You should of called me. However, I'm sure grandma was very excited to help. Smart thinking. I have been in a decorating mood too, I've been early spring cleaning before I do. I moved the fridge, or should I say Bayardo did, and I cleaned behind. Grose! How does so much junk go behind the fridge and under in a 6months!

--Arnnette said...

PS. How do you label? I want to post my aprons and label to. Do you know how to start etsy and sell from blogging?