26 January 2009

I Did It!


With the history of breast cancer that runs in my family my doctor thought it wise for me to get my first mammogram to use as a baseline.

I went in and it was not bad at all! It didn't hurt, and the machine wasn't as intimidating as I had imagined. The hardest part to tell you the truth was waiting for the results. You know, the "what if."
Luckily, everything came back ok, and the peace of mind I have knowing that I'm ok and that I'm doing my part feels great!! I'm really glad I did it.
P.S. Since everything came back normal I don't have to do it again till I'm 35. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

carla said...

yeah!! good for you. i'm yet to have one done. but you made it sound okay.

--Arnnette said...

I'm so happy! I need to get mine done in a couple of months. I love you sis. And the cartoon clip made me laugh!