06 July 2009

Happy 8th Anniversary!!

How We Met
Cliff Notes Version
We met in December of 1997 at the Institute of Religion for our church. All of my "couple" friends had invited me to the movies with them and I didn't want to be a third wheel, so I invited Cecilio and a few other people not really thinking anything of it. Nothing really happened that night. I didn't feel sparks or anything, but little by little we started hanging out a little more and eventually we started dating about a month after that. I fell head over heels for Cecilio and we were inseparable. Six months later he left on his mission. This was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. Saying bye to him for two years was not easy, but it had to be done. About four months later, I"dear john-ed" him. I know how horrible that must sound but it just happened. I never thought he would come looking for me when he returned, but he did, and...we were married a year later.

Today is our wedding anniversary!! I just can't believe we've been married almost a decade already. Marriage has been amazing. I really do love being married, and it doesn't hurt that I'm married to the best man ever! The things we've been able to do together have been so amazing, especially starting our little family. I love you honey, thank you for all of the happiness you bring to my life. We've been married a long time but I know the best is yet to come. Happy anniversary!!



Saying good bye for two years at the airport.

6 July 2001
Our Wedding Day





4 December 2006
Our little Daniel Ocean born.

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

WOW, 8 years!! I can't believe that. I remember your reception so well! I love the pic of you 2 shaking hands at the airport. Happy Anniversary! And yeah!...for all the new posts!!

Connie said...

Congrats, you two!!!

--Arnnette said...

Your are so beautiful! You too Chillo! Well, handsome. Happy Anniversary!
Love you.

Gladiz said...

Happy Anniversary! a little late! I really liked those pics, thanks for sharing!