04 July 2009

4th of July Day Kick Off

What a great way to start off our 4th of July weekend! Our primary was part of a tri-ward 4th of July activity hosted at none other than the Rosemont chapel. There were games, activities, crafts, face painting, and a parade!! (There was a decorating stations for kids' bikes and wagons and at the end of the activity there was a parade put on by the kids.) I had such a good time!! Eventhough I was at the face painting station the whole time, the activity really brought the true spirit of the 4th of July. Happy Birthday USA!!



Boy scouts getting ready to hoist the flag up.

There it goes.

What a beautiful flag we have. I love this country.

Let the games begin.



Danny, stealing someone's car. I'm surprised no one noticed.

I've never face painted before, and I have to say it was really fun! I was so nervous the day before. 'What if the kids don't like it, what if they yell at me', these were some of the things going through my head. Once I did the first few though...Loved it!! The kids were great, and the time flew!


Danny setting up some cones.

Our ward waiting their turn to enter the parade.

Hi Danny, what is going on?


He just sat on his bike cause everyone else was.


Once the parade started this is what he did.

He ran. Nice pace Danny.


Enjoying an otter pop popscicle after a good run and activity.
Yeah, it was a good day. Can't wait for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!

1 comments:

The Jessups said...

Can he ride his bike??

Gosh, I remember 4th of July mornings at the church so well.