08 October 2008

I've Been Tagged!

I'm usually a party pooper when it comes to these things. For some reason I just don't like drawing attention to myself. But for the purpose of lightening up, I'm going to get over it and just do it! Thanks Carla!

Okay, here are the rules for this tag:
1: Each player starts with 8 random habits/facts about themselves.
2: People who are tagged need to write a post on their blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3: At the end of the post you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.

Here we go:

1. I'm sure most of you know this by now but I am obsessed with the ocean/beach. My wedding was ocean themed, my home is ocean themed, heck, my son is even named Ocean, you get the picture. It's really bad, but it makes me happy for some reason. I just love it!! If it was up to me I'd live in Hawaii or by some beach right now.

2. I've fulfilled two of my dreams in life so far. The first one was to go to Hawaii, and the second one was to see my all time favorite artist, Jack Johnson not only live but from the front row. Just thinking about it gets me so excited! Hawaii was beautiful and Jack Johnson was amazing. Did I mention he's from Hawaii, and he's a surfer? Go figure.

3. I "dear john-ed" my husband while he was on his mission. I know it sounds horrible but in my defense he was my very first boyfriend and I had to see what was out there. Lucky for me he forgave me.
P.S. Absolutely nothing was out there that compared to him, so now I know right?

4. I worked in a music store for 8 years. I got the job my senior year and stayed there until I graduated college, oh yeah, did I mention it took me 8 years to get my degree? (That's almost a decade!) I LOVED that job! The people, the management, the music. Perfect combination. That's probably why I stayed there so long.

5. I'm a neat freak! It's so bad that I can't even rest until the house is clean and picked up. Even Danny is picking up (get it, picking up? ha!) on it. In primary the teachers tell me that all he likes to do is pick up and organize things! I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

6. I once got a ticket for "illegal use of my horn".......WHAT?! It's true. In high school a bunch of Coronado High School students went to "parade" around the rival school which was Franklin High School. That night there was a football game between both schools. Coronado students had things like, "Coronado's #1, or Coronado Rules, or other things I shouldn't mention", written on car windows and vice versa. Well just for fun me and some friends decided to get in on the harmless fun. We just drove around the school and everyone was honking their horns. Well, I was the lucky example for everyone. The cops pulled me over first and from that point forward everyone kind of took the hint except for the guy who drove by me laughing and honking his horn at me, he got a ticket too by the way. When I asked the officer why she pulled me over she said, "For illegal use of your horn." I had no idea that even existed but sure enough it did! I remember having to go home to tell my mom. I was kind of worried she'd get mad but when I told her what the ticket was for she just started laughing and said, "Are you serious? You can get a ticket for that?" Apparently.......yes.

7. I don't like white cake. When I was in first grade my mom had a Care Bear cake made and took it to school. All I remember is that it was white cake with white frosting. Later on that day I got really sick and since then, I don't like white cake.

8. My great grandfather developed the pinto bean. It was hard for me to believe too but it's true. I guess that makes me a true "beaner" NO OFFENSE to anyone!

Ahhhh, I did it. That was kind of fun! Alright the people I'm tagging are, Arnnette, Katie, Kendal, Connie, Ayrel, Lily, and Lizette.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I just learned so much about you--so much fun. The horn story and the "beaner" crack me up. How cool is that anyway?!

The Jessups said...

What a fun post! I want to know more about the pinto bean developer, and of course, Cliff wants to know if that's his side. He wants the story.