22 October 2008

Thank You Tree

Growing up, all us cousins loved playing on a tree my Grandma has in the backyard. This tree was awesome! We'd climb it, jump down from it, hide in it, climb on the roof of the garage from it, hang pinatas from it, you name it, we did it. It used to have a club house, where much plotting and planning took place as well. This tree brings back such fond memories. The other day Danny was playing in her backyard and wanted to get on "the" tree. When I put him on it I got all nostalgic! The memories just flowed. I decided to take pictures of him on the same, beautiful tree I enjoyed growing up.

"Tree, you made being a kid fun. Thank you for creating such great memories!"





4 comments:

carla said...

he has the cutest smile!! can we come over and play with your grandma's tree too?

The Jessups said...

what great pictures!! he makes me SMILE.

Connie said...

What a neat post! And the pics are darling...as usual!

--Arnnette said...

I member, you member? Daniel Ocean makes it that much memorable. Makes me think of Shel Silverstein, "Once there was a tree and she loved a little boy." Thats such a special book, Now I'll think of Daniel and the tree.
Now I have two favorite books; First being The Story of Ferdinand, the bull.