15 April 2009

Birthday Boy


Today, tax day, is Cecilio's 30th birthday! Of those 30 years we have been married about 8 years, and I am so, so grateful for that! He is my true, real life, 'Edward'. So selfless, and kind. I love him so much! In honor of his 30th birthday, I'd like to share 30 things you may or may not know about him.

1. His full name is Cecilio Elias.
2. He was born in Santa Monica, California.
3. He LOVES to read! Mainly religious books, but also enjoys books such as Harry Potter, etc.
4. He loves to write! I can't tell you how many pieces of paper I find all over the place with notes, or ideas.
5. He has a real talent for drawing. Although he won't admit it.
6. He is an all or nothing kind of guy. If he know he can't do something right, he rather not do it at all.
7. He has this way with people. He can convince you to do something you don't want to do without you even knowing.
8. Although he won't admit this one either, he likes finding his way through loop holes, even though he would never follow through on some of the stuff he's found.
9. He served his mission in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where he also learned how to speak Portuguese.
10. He was baptized into the Church when he was 14.
11. His favorite TV shows are 24, CSI, and 30 Rock right now.
12. His favorite shoes are his black vans, and flip flops.
13. He works with State Farm as a Sales/Field Underwriter Representative. In English, he sells insurance.
14. He really enjoys movies. His idea of a perfect day is watching movies all day.
15. His first language was Spanish.
16. He is the oldest of his 4 siblings.
17. He is going to school right now to hopefully become an optometrist.
18. He graduated top ten percent in his high school class.
19. Whenever he studies, he HAS to listen to Mana, a Spanish rock band.
20. He loves Coke, but tries to stay away from it if he can. He just loves how it tastes.
21. He LOVES martial arts. His favorite art is Ninjitsu. He studied it for a few years. He can't wait to teach Danny some moves.
22. He is the best husband ever, very supportive, especially right now with the whole 'Twilight' thing!
23. He is the best Dad. Danny is ALWAYS asking for him when he's gone. He has a lot of fun with him.
24. He is a homebody. He loves to be home, and doesn't mind if we don't go out at all, all day long.
25. He would love to learn how to play the guitar. When he had more time, he was teaching himself and was doing awesome!
26. He would love a HUGE family, like 6 or 7 kids. Mmmmm, no comment.
27. Although he feels he struggles with school, work, and church callings, I feel he does such a good job at balancing EVERYTHING. I don't know how he does it, but I truly love him for it.
28. He doesn't like going to Juarez. Even before everything started going on with the cartels, he refused to go. We're still not sure why. I think it's the waiting on the bridge that drives him crazy.
29. He loves chicken wings and his absolute favorite are Wing Stop.
30. He is the best son, brother, husband and father anyone could ask for. Although he doesn't talk to his family as much as he'd like, he truly has a deep love for all of his family. We love him so, so much. Happy birthday honey!!!

4 comments:

The Jessups said...

Happy Birthday, Cecilio! Great 30 facts, Deborah!

Holy cow, I thought that was Danny at first!

Gladiz said...

Felicidades a Cecilio! I agree, the 30 facts post was cool...maybe I'll copy you later in the year! =)

carla said...

Happy Birthday Cecilio!!

--Arnnette said...

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Brother-In-Law! I didn't forget. Just got to late to call this morning, and again in the evening. I thought I would hurry and sneak a Mananitas or should I say Tardesitas to you, before I went to bed.
We Love you.