15 May 2008

Strawberry Jam


A few weeks ago I decided to try and improve my skills in the kitchen. I had fallen into a rut, cooking the same things over and over and dreading what to cook for the next meal. I just can't say I enjoy cooking very much. Well, instead of dreading it I have decided to make it a strength of mine. I figured I'm going to have to do it for pretty much the rest of my life, might as well have some fun with it.

This weekend my Grandma made jam, so I decided I would go over to her house and learn. She made her batch and then let me make mine. I have to say I was very surprised how easy it was to make. I thought it would be this long process but no. It only took about 30 minutes. The satisfaction I got out of it, however, was priceless. It didn't set very well but it came out delicious. Here's to the first step in my quest to become better in the kitchen.

1 comments:

The Jessups said...

Good job with the jam!! I'm trying to imporve in the kitchen as well. The jam looks yummy!