13 March 2011

Ella and Emma's First Birthday Party

It is just crazy how fast the past year has gone! My baby girls are one already. I just can't believe it. They have been such a blessing to this family. I can't imagine life without them. We love you Ella and Emma!


Birthday morning. Eating breakfast. Poor things, we actually confined them to their chairs so we could get some stuff done. They did great though.

The invitations. 
This year I decided to send the invitations through email.  I was hesitant at first because I felt it might be the lazy thing to do but let me tell you, I think I'm going to continue to do this.  It was fast and so simple.  I didn't have to worry about addresses, labels, buying stamps, printing them out or whether I sent them on time.  
Not to mention how easy the thank you notes will be too.  (Danny's are still sitting on top of my computer :() I did print out a few to send to Grandparents or people who don't have face book or email though.


Yummy, birthday cake. It was tres leches with pineapple filling. We also had chocolate and white cupcakes. For food we did a taco salad bar and fresh fruit.


Singing Happy Birthday to them.

Dig in girls.



By the time we sang happy birthday to them, they were EXHAUSTED. I could hardly get a smile out of them.

Emma


Ella
(She was done. Wanted to go to sleep.)


After a much needed nap, they played a little in the jumping balloon.
Ella absolutely loved it!


Emma, however, did not take to it at first. She was getting so mad that every time she tried to stand up she would fall.

She eventually figured it out though.

My Danny. I did not see this boy for the whole party! He really had fun. He got to invite some friends, and they had a blast.

A few of the decorations...

For the party I wasn't sure what theme to do. With Danny's first birthday it was so easy because he loved Elmo. The girls however, don't even watch TV or have a favorite character, so...as time went on and I started buying things and getting ideas, it somehow turned into a butterflies and flowers theme.


Front of house.



Centerpieces. Were super easy to make!

Took this picture after the party. Excuse the mess and dying balloons
:0

Party favor cones. These were a big hit. Were easy and super cute. They fit a lot more candy than I thought too!

The girls really enjoyed their day. What made it even more meaningful is that it was their actual birthday. Worked out great. I just wanted to thank all of you for your love and support. I'm not sure where me and Cecilio would be without you guys. Family and friends just helps make life so much more special. Love you guys.

Also, I just wanted to wish my Dad a Happy Birthday too. Hope you had a great one Dad! (I'm sure I've mentioned this before but just in case, Ella and Emma have the same birthday as my dad. Which is funny because Danny was born on Cecilio's dad's birthday.)

(P.S. I might be adding a few more pictures to this later.)

2 comments:

The Jessups said...

Happy birthday, girls!! What great decorations!! Looks like the party was a blast. Wish we could have been there!

--Arnnette said...

OOOOh, I wish I was there:{

The pictures are so cute I feel like I was almost there. Emma #1 was afraid of jumping things too, and playgrounds at Mc Donald's. That is until Oscarito was 1 and more daring than her. HE would help her out all the time:)
So seeing Emma #2 crying brought me memories. Ella must be Claustrophobic like me, which would explain how her pants are off:)

Miss all of you.Oh and I love the decorations:)