18 February 2009

My Poor Baby


Oh, my poor baby. He just can't seem to get better. About two weeks ago he came down with a cough, which led to an ear infection, not to mention me and Cecilio came down with something ourselves. He was better for a couple of days, but then woke up with a fever on Thursday. We took him to the doctor and he said that he had caught another virus, probably from us, but that his ears looked great. "Just keep him comfortable, and give him Tylenol until the virus passes." Three days passed and Saturday night he got another fever. We took him to the doctor on Sunday and turns out he's got an infection in both ears now. The doctor prescribed a stronger antibiotic and he'd been doing better until... last night. He got a fever again! We gave him some more Tylenol and this morning he woke up with hives all over. Since the doctor's office wasn't open yet we took him to the ER. Turns out he developed an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was taking. So right now he's on a new antibiotic and some medicine for the hives. My poor Ocean. This is probably the hardest part of being a parent of little ones. We got home, I gave him his medicine and he is resting wonderfully right now. I hope this is just the rest he needs. Get better soon Danny! We're starting to miss your messes and mischief around the house.

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

Ooooh poor guy!!! I feel so bad for him!! Get better, Danny!

carla said...

I know what you are going through. I just spent 3 hours in the emergency room last night, with a little girl that had such a bad infection that her eardrum busted. Ouch!! I hope he gets better soon.

--Arnnette said...

ooooh Daniel Son, have your mama give you a 'Spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down'.

Emma is allergic to Keflex. She was 6-7 months when we found out. She had convulsions and her eyes rolled to the back. That was ScArEy!

You'll get better mijo, I'm sure your dad gave you a blessing, and "Everything will be Alright"