17 September 2008

NieNie

This morning I read the visiting teaching message for September. The title of it is "The Gospel of Jesus Christ Teaches the Eternal Potential of the Children of God." The quote that touched me the most was the one by Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president,

“Oh, that every girl and woman would have a testimony of her potential for eternal motherhood. … Female roles did not begin on earth, and they do not end here. A woman who treasures motherhood on earth will treasure motherhood in the world to come, and ‘where [her] treasure is, there will [her] heart be also’ (Matthew 6:21). By developing a mother heart, each girl and woman prepares for her divine, eternal mission of motherhood” (“A ‘Mother Heart,’ ” Liahona and Ensign, May 2004, 76).

I just loved it because it reinforced what is sometimes so easy to forget.

After reading this I went on to read my email and came across an article on LDS Living about a couple named Christian and Stephanie Nielson. They are an LDS couple with four kids who were recently in a plane crash and survived. They are both still in intensive care and will be for months to come. Here is a link to article, http://ldslivingonline.com/article.php?articleId=72688

The article mentioned that she had a blog and listed the address. As I browsed through her blog I have to say I was just so touched by this woman. She truly treasures being a mother and wife, and what a greater example of having a "mother heart". I just was so impressed with her.

According to the article, it seems many bloggers have been touched by her as well. I'd like to be part of that love and support for the Nielson family. I've put some links on my blog for any who are interested. I know Heavenly Father continues to bless this family through this tragic event. I know that the He hears and answers our prayers and my prayers go out to her, her husband, and family.

2 comments:

The Jessups said...

Oh my gosh!! My mom came across her blog randomly, and sent me to it. This lady is inspiring. I loved reading all of her posts. I was telling Cliff all about her. She really is inspiring.

carla said...

thanks deborah!! even after all these years you still know what and how to say things to make me think. you have always been an example to me. to this date i have never met anyone like you. i have never heard you say a bad thing about anyone. i'm glad i know you. :)