13 August 2008

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I'm loving the Olympics this year. It is so incredible to watch these athletes, who have worked so hard for years, receive their reward. I just marvel at the human body and its ability to improve with no limits. It must feel so good to reach such a potential. I don't say "full" potential because every 4 years these athletes get better, and better, and better...for the most part.

Swimming is one of our favorite events and of course Michael Phelps is a favorite. This guy is superman! With all the medals he's won and records he's broken you can't help but be inspired. The 4x100m relay race was unbelievable! It was historic, and I still can't belive there's more to come with this guy. Go USA!!



2 comments:

The Jessups said...

Ahhh we're right there with you!! Michael Phelps is unbeleivable. I always like watching the Olympics, but I'm particularly hooked this year with swimming and gymnastics. AMAZING!!!

PS--I love your blog layout!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi! I See that you are from El Paso. That's where my home is, too! It's always great to hear from someone in the neighborhood! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It sounds like you love blog carnivals just as much as I do, so I just wanted to let you know that I’m starting one of my own on Monday, August 18th, – with prize attached! Thought you might want to check it out. Hope to see you again soon!