17 March 2008

Happy Birthday Gramita!!

On March 15th my Gramita turned 83 ( I think). I love her so much! She has been such a good example in my life. Always active and putting her talents to use. She can do it all. Cook, bake, sew, quilt, and knit just to name a few.

I remember these elaborate cakes she used to make me and my cousins for our birthdays. She made everything from Star Wars to Care Bears. They were beautiful and delicious. Another thing that comes to mind are the dresses she used to sew for me. I used to HATE it because she would always interupt my playtime to measure me. Looking back though, I am grateful for the beautiful dresses she would sew for me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Grandma.

On Saturday, everyone gathered at her house to wish her a happy birthday. Family came in from out of town. Danny had a great time. He got to see cousins that he hasn't seen in a long time. They had a lot of fun getting down'n dirty in Grandma's backyard.

0 comments: